Invest in Community Health
& Local Farm Fresh Food
Become a Lackawaxen Food Hub CSA Site Host Today!
Whether you’re an individual, local business or community group, we are always open to new pick-up locations for our Weekly Multi-Farm CSA Program. Make it private for your own group or open it up to the public to drive traffic to your location. You set the tone for what members are to expect by choosing your location for pick-up.
Basic Requirements to Host a CSA Pick-Up Site
- Have a contact person on-site to receive shares and list of members picking up each week.
- Have a safe, covered area where boxes can be dropped off and kept for pickup.
- Be able to accept deliveries on Wednesday or Thursday (depending on location).
- Hold reusable CSA boxes and meat cooler each week until next delivery.
- Help recruit at least 5 CSA members to pick-up at your site (may be required depending on location type).
Important Information to Note
- Sites determine whether they are private or public.
- An approximate time of delivery to your site is provided.
With your input, a CSA pick-up time will be set.
- Boxes must be kept in the shade and covered from the elements.
We encourage a site routine be set so members know what to do automatically when they arrive. Take a hands-on or hands-off approach in the distribution, that’s up to you.
- No-Shows. If a member does not pick-up their share and prior arrangements are not made, the share is turned over to you, the Site Host. Feel free to keep, donate, or share it.
- Away on Vacation. Members are able to place a temporary “hold” on their share. Each week, a list is provided naming members who will be arriving for pick-up.
A Special Thank You to Site Hosts
Your efforts are appreciated immensely as keeping local food moving can be a task, but a task that brings reward. Site Hosts receive 25% off CSA Shares.
Contact Us with any further questions or to discuss your specific situation.
If you are ready to become a CSA Site Host, go ahead and download our
Site Host Agreement.
Thank you in advance for your consideration!